Indian golf enthusiasts who are fond of betting on the game are fortunately not deprived of any golf betting pleasures in spite of the unfriendly online gambling laws in their country. The Indian online gambling laws require ISPs to block Internet gambling sites to prevent Indian citizens from placing wagers online.
Needless to say, nobody takes this law very seriously, and so far, the Indian government has not prosecuted any Indian golf bettor for betting on golf online. Offshore online gambling companies such as www.bet365.com and www.williamhill.com welcome Indian bettors into their online premises and allow them to place real money wagers on their favorite golf events.
Golf Betting Opportunities
For Indian golf bettors, there is no dearth of golf betting opportunities online. Major and minor golf events are held in different parts of the world, attracting a lot of media attention and generating plenty of betting activities. The best online sportsbooks cover the major golf events and offer betting odds on hundreds of professional golf players all over the world.
Some of the major golf events that attract plenty of attention from bettors worldwide are The US Open, The Masters, The British Open, The European Tour, The PGA Championship, The LPGA, and many others.
Types of Golf Bets
Learning how to place golf bets is very easy, although some of the betting options offered at top online sportsbooks are a bit complicated.
Here are 3 of the simplest types of bets in golf:
- Top 3 – This is a bet placed on the prediction that one of the players will turn out to be one of the top 3 players. Golf betting experts say that this is the safest bet to make, especially for beginners.
- Outright Win Bet – This is a bet placed on the prediction that one of the players will definitely win the match. According to golf betting experts, the odds of winning this bet are very low because of the large number of golfers involved in a golfing match.
- Head-to-head Bet – This is a bet placed on the prediction that one of the two players, playing against each other, will win the match.
As previously mentioned, different online sportsbooks offer different types of betting options, but new golf bettors must try to master the above three before attempting any of the others.
- Sandies – The value of this bet remains the same throughout a round of golf
- Nassau – This is a combination of 3 golf bets rolled into one
- Round Robin – Also referred to as Sixes or Hollywood, this bet involves two teams of two players each, playing against each other
Golf Betting Strategies
A golf tournament involves innumerable players and takes plenty of time, owing to which identifying the winner is very difficult especially after taking into consideration factors such as injury, fatigue, and others. Golf betting requires the punter to spend plenty of time studying a player’s previous performances, gaming techniques, coaching, and so on before they can place a good bet.