After the Sunrisers Hyderabad beat the Royal Challengers Bangalore by 35 runs in the opening game of this year’s Indian Premier League, there have been a number of exciting matches in the first round of the IPL.
• Sunrisers Hyderabad beat the Royal Challengers Bangalore with 207/4 – 172 in Hyderabad.
• Rising Pune Supergiant won the match against the Mumbai Indians by seven wickets with 187/3 – 184/8 in Pune.
• The Kolkata Knight Riders beat the Gujarat Lions by 10 wickets ending on 184/0 – 183/4 in Rajkot.
• The Kings XI Punjab beat Rising Pune Supergiant by six wickets resulting in 164/4 – 163/6 at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore.
• The Royal Challengers Bangalore were 15 runs ahead when they beat the Delhi Daredevils with 157/8 – 142/9 in Bengaluru.
• The Sunrisers Hyderabad, last year’s winners, beat the Gujarat Lions by nine wickets with 140/1 – 135/7 on their home turf in Hyderabad.
• The Mumbai Indians won their match against the Kolkata Knight Riders by four wickets in Mumbai with a result of 180/6 – 178/7.
• Kings XI Punjab beat the Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indore by eight wickets with a final tally of 150/2 – 148/4.
• The Delhi Daredevils had an incredible victory in Pune when they beat the Rising Pune Supergiant team by 97 runs. The final result of the game was 205/4 – 108.
• The Mumbai Indians are the first team to have beaten last year’s champions, the Sunrisers Hyderabad, at the most recent match in Mumbai. The team won by four wickets with 159/6 – 158/8.
Sanju Samson, playing for the Delhi Daredevils, won the Man of the Match award in the game against Rising Pune Supergiant. Samson played excellent cricket and made the first IPL 2017 century. The 22-year-old player made 102 runs off of 63 balls. He hit five 6s, and eight 4s with his powerful batting technique.
In response to a question, Samson commented: “It’s one of the best knocks of my life and I’m very happy that it has come in the IPL. It is the start of the tournament, and we have a long way to go from here. I hope to keep contributing to my team’s success.”
The next match to take place in the IPL 2017 is between the Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab on 13th April at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.