The Australian cricket tour of India is soon to get underway, and fans can expect some spectacular cricket. There should be some great watching from the first coin toss until the final over on 13th October 2017.
The tour consists of five One-Day International (ODI) matches, and three Twenty20 International (T20I) matches. Each match will be played in a different location, in order to offer the maximum amount of exposure to fans.
India-Australia Cricket Schedule for September and October
- Sunday 17th September – 1st ODI is set to take place in MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
- Thursday 21st September – 2nd ODI will be played in Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
- Sunday 24th September – 3rd ODI to be held in Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore.
- Thursday 28th September – 4th ODI takes place in the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Sunday 1st October – 5th ODI will be played in the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadi.
- Saturday 7th October – 1st T20I will take place at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi.
- Tuesday 10th October – 2ND T20I is set for play in the Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati
- Friday 13th October – 3rdT20I of the series will be played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad.
Virat Kohli Comments Ahead of ODI Series
The Indian team’s skipper, Virat Kohli, has noted that India will be playing hard during the upcoming five-match ODI series. Australia are currently the reigning world champions, and India would like to tip the balance in its favor.
Kohli said: “I feel that intense competition should be there for the game to have that excitement and keep this game alive. I think it is very important to have that competitiveness in every series that you play.”
Since this series will be played between two top cricket teams, he further commented: “The players involved in the series know that games become more exciting, and players are more pumped to win games and outdo each other.”
Soon after the Australia cricket tour of India is complete, New Zealand will begin its tour.