Ladbrokes Review – An Indian Perspective
Ladbrokes is one of the largest bookmakers based in the United Kingdom, and is the oldest. Founded 126-years ago (year: 1886) as a commission agent for race horses, their large break came when the UK government legalized betting shops in 1961. Then owner Cyril Stein became the first bookie to offer fixed-odds betting on football and began opening Ladbrokes betting shops all over England. The company floated on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 1966 for over £1 million (Rs. 766 lakh) and when Cryril Stein retired as their chairmen in 1993 the company’s value was nearly £2 billion (Rs. 1533 crore). Today Ladbrokes operates more than 2700 betting shops, has 16,000 employees and net revenue exceeding £1 billion annually.
Indians can Bet with Ladbrokes Online
In the UK live Ladbrokes betting shops can be found about as easy as finding a petrol pump anywhere else in the world. However for those living outside the UK – it is still possible to wager at Ladbrokes using www.ladbrokes.com or phoning them up to place a bet. Their telephone betting operation services about 85,000 unique customers, each month, while their online betting website attracts nearly 800,000 active clients. These clients come from all over the world (including India) as their website is available in 13 languages and 17 currencies.
Rupees Not Accepted – The one unfortunate thing for Indians is Ladbrokes does not deal in Rupee currency. They are however friendly to Indians. You can use your rupee Moneybookers or Neteller account to deposit with Ladbrokes in your choice of USD, EUR, GBP or any of the 14-other currency they offer. Unless you deal with another currency routinely, I suggest opening your Ladbrokes account in GBP (UK pounds – £). The reason is this is Ladbrokes primary currency and you’ll get a slightly better exchange rate when cashing out in rupee to your Indian bank account.
Ladbrokes Sports Betting Features
There are many things I love about Ladbrokes, only some of which I cover below.
Great Sports Coverage – Ladbrokes offers betting odds on events Indians love to follow such as IPL cricket, I-League football, tennis, horse racing and Formula 1. They also offer major cricket competitions from around the world, more football matches than any other site, American football, Aussie Rules, baseball, basketball, boxing, golf, hockey, rugby, volleyball and a dozen minor sports. No matter what you’re looking to wager Ladbrokes has you well covered.
- Large Number of Fixtures – The wagering options on a given match are plenty. Did you know there are 150 different bet types for crickets and 68 options for wagering football If you didn’t, you’re probably not an existing client of Ladbrokes. These guys are experts at thinking up all sorts of different unique propositions and markets for each and every sporting even they cover.
- In-Play Wagering – Ladbrokes is one the one few sites that offers live streams of international cricket matches involving India. Only moments prior to writing this review I was watching Mumbai Indians vs Cape Cobras in an international qualifying match for the Champions League T20, right from their website and was making bets on every bowl. In addition to cricket streams they offer live horse racing coverage, football matches, European and Asian basketball, tennis, snooker, Ruby Union and more.
- Promotions – Ladbrokes is a trusted site famous in the UK and doesn’t really go out of their way to advertise promotions. However, once you open an account with them and have it funded you’ll soon discover they go out of their way to reward loyal punters. It is not uncommon to get an offer such as stake £100 (Rs. 7666) on a first goalscorer market and if the bet loses you’ll get an instant refund. This just one example, you’ll need a funded account at www.ladbrokes.com with your email address properly opted-in to find other promotions.
- Mobile Betting – Ladbrokes offers mobile betting support for all types of phones including iPhone, Android, Nokia, Blackberry and others. There are apps available in your phones App store for both their betting interface and other products that can help keep you updated with live scores, betting news, injury updates and more.
- More Gambling Products – In addition to their sportsbook and racebook, Ladbrokes offers a poker room, online casino, games platform and online bingo hall all from a single website. The even better news is when you have a Ladbrokes account you can take advantage of bonuses and promotions offered for each individual gambling product.
- Fast Payouts – Ladbrokes offers Indians the ability to deposit and withdrawal using Moneybookers, Neteller and EntroPay. They also have urgent international bank wire available for a modest £15 fee. If you want to cash out your winnings in a hurry you can use this method and have the funds back to your Indian bank account in rupee in just a matter of 1-2 days. Otherwise you can use and of their other means for withdrawal, which are provided at no charge.
- As you can see there are MANY reasons to choose Ladbrokes as your online betting site of choice. Perhaps the only disadvantage to using them is the fact rupees are not supported. If you prefer dealing with a rupee bookmaker we suggest Betway.
Ladbrokes Complaint Resolutions
Ladbrokes complaints are a rather rare occurrence as this is a major brand traded on the London Stock exchange (often at over £120.00 per share). They are multi-billion dollar gambling conglomerate that has been in business since 1886, and with 16,000 employees and 2400 live betting shops, they are certainly not some run-of-the-mill or fly-by-night operator. If you do however have a complaint it is worth noting Ladbrokes is licensed by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. Using this link you can confirm their license is in good standard. The license you are looking for is the one issued to Ladbrokes (International) Ltd under the category of fixed odds (RGL No. 010).
In the unlikely even you have any challenges with Ladbrokes you should first attempt to work out the differences with them. If you’re unsuccessful in this, you can file a regulatory complaint. For details on this simply contact:
No6 Convent Place
T: 00350 20064145
F: 00350 20064150
E-mail: gamblingcommissioner ‘AT’ gibraltar.gov.gi. Replace the ‘AT’ with the traditional email symbol for the same word.
All in all players are well protected when wagering with Ladbrokes. If you have any concerns know this. We are very picky about which betting sites we recommend. Ladbrokes is very famous and is rated A at SBR and 5.0 of 5.0 at Bookmakers Review and is an inclusion on our recommended for Indians list. If you’re looking for a safe and secure place to wager you’re in good hands at www.ladbrokes.com.