India Beat New Zealand in Warm-Up Match in London
The ICC Champions Trophy 2017 is coming up soon, with the first match set to take place on 1st June between England and Bangladesh.
India and New Zealand played against each other in a warm-up match at the Kennington Oval in London. New Zealand elected to bat first. New Zealand received a few blows at the beginning of the match and ended with 189 runs from 38.4 overs. Mohammad Shami bowled well, taking a number of wickets early on in the game.
Once India was up to bat, the team managed to get 129 runs with only a three wicket loss by the 26th over. At that time, rain kept the teams off the pitch. Once it became clear that the rain was not letting up, play was stopped and India was declared the winner of the warm-up match by 45 runs using the D/L method.
India’s next warm-up ahead of the Champions Trophy will be played against Bangladesh. India’s first match in the ICC Champions Trophy will be played against Pakistan on 4th June.
The ICC Champions Trophy
The ICC Champions Trophy is a cricket tournament organized by the International Cricket Council. The One Day International cricket tournament is one of the most important cricket tournaments on an international level, with only the Cricket World Cup ahead of it. The first ICC Champions Trophy took place in 1998 and was known as the ICC Knock Out Trophy.
The cricket tournament takes place during June with matches set for the following dates:
• 1st June: England vs Bangladesh
• 2nd June: Australia vs New Zealand
• 3rd June: Sri Lanka vs South Africa
• 4th June: India vs Pakistan
• 5th June: Australia vs Bangladesh
• 6th June: England vs New Zealand
• 7th June: Pakistan vs South Africa
• 8th June: India vs Sri Lanka
• 9th June: New Zealand vs Bangladesh
• 10th June: England vs Australia
• 11th June: India vs South Africa
• 12th June: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan
• 14th, 15th, and 18th June: Semifinals and Finals