The India cricket team will meet the West Indies in a 5-match One Day International series that begins tomorrow on Friday, 23nd June. The first match will take place at the Queen’s Park Oval in the Port of Spain, Trinidad. The game will begin at 6:30pm IST.
India is looking forward to the upcoming ODI series after having had a good run at the ICC Champions Trophy. Although India lost to Pakistan in the final match, the team played well overall and has much to be proud of.
The West Indies did not make it into the ICC Champions Trophy this year since the tournament is made up of the top eight teams. The team did not rank in the top eight worldwide at the cutoff date on 30th September 2015.
At this time, India is ranked third in the ICC One Day International rankings, while the West Indies hold the ninth position. India has played 29 ODIs in the Caribbean since 1983. The team has lost 18 games and won 10, with one no-result.
There are a couple of brief rain showers expected on Friday, and while it is not expected to affect the first match of the ODI series, this remains to be seen. The toss will take place half an hour before the match begins.
One Day International Match Schedule and Venues
- 23rd June – Match 1 takes place at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- 25th June – Match 2 will be played at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- 30th June – Match 3 is set to take place at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
- 2nd July – Match 4 will take place at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
- 6th July – Match 5 to be played at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
India vs West Indies T20I
India will meet the West Indies in a Twenty20 International match that will take place on 9th July at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica.