India has beaten Sri Lanka in all three Test matches scheduled for India’s current tour of Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan team has been known to lose a series to India before but have never lost a Test series so badly when playing against India.
In the first Test of the 3-Test series, which took place at the end of July, India won by 304 runs. The second Test at the beginning of August saw India win by an innings and 53 runs. The final Test that took place this week saw India win by a huge margin once again, with the visiting team winning by an innings and 171 runs.
For the first time in an away series, India has won all the Tests while playing in a 3-Test series or more. Although Sri Lanka had a number of injuries during the series, while it looks as if India may have won the Test series anyway, it is not as likely that they would have dominated to the extend they did with huge winning margins in each Test.
One Day Internationals – India vs Sri Lanka
As part of India’s tour of Sri Lanka, there will be five One Day International matches. The ODIs will take place between 20th August – 3rd September. After the ODIs have been completed, there will be a single T20I game on Wednesday, 6th September, to end off the tour. It still remains to be seen whether the Sri Lankan team can pick itself up and win some games against India in this tour.
The ODIs will take place as follows:
- 1st ODI – Sunday 20th August at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium in Dambulla
- 2nd ODI – Thursday 24th August at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium in Pallekele
- 3rd ODI – Sunday 27th August at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium in Pallekele
- 4th ODI – Thursday 31st August at R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo
- 5th ODI – Sunday 3rd September at R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo