The Indian cricket team will be touring South Africa early in 2018. The matches that have been scheduled for the tour include three Test matches, three T20 Internationals, and six One Day Internationals.
No Boxing Day and New Year Matches
Since the tour of South Africa is so early in the year, starting on 5th January, team India will not be available in the final week of 2017. This means that India’s captain, Virat Kohli, and the rest of the team will not be able to play in the regular Boxing Day match that takes place on 26th December or in the special New Years game that begins on 2nd January.
The team has requested 10 days to practice in South Africa in order to get use to the expected bouncy conditions of the fields.
Fans can expect quality playing from both the Indian team and the South African team.
Indian Tour Schedule in South Africa
- 30 – 31 December: Two Warm-up Matches to be played in Boland Park, Paarl
- 5 – 9 January: 1st Test in Newlands, Cape Town
- 13 – 17 January: 2nd Test in SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 24 – 28 January: 3rd Test in Wanderers, Johannesburg
- 1 February: 1st ODI in Kingsmead, Durban
- 4 February: 2nd ODI in SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 7 February: 3rd ODI in Newlands, Cape Town
- 10 February: 4th ODI in Wanderers, Johannesburg
- 13 February: 5th ODI in St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth
- 16 February: 6th ODI in SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 18 February: 1st Twenty20 International in Wanderers, Johannesburg
- 21 February: 2nd Twenty20 International in SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 24 February: 3rd Twenty20 International in Newlands, Cape Town
Next Stop Sri Lanka
After India has completed its South African tour, the team will be heading off to Sri Lanka to play in the Independents’ Cup T20 Tri-Nation tournament.