If you are looking for a trusted view on sports betting in India, you have come to the right place. Our content is written with an Indian audience in mind by a team of expert cricket bettors. This home page covers some of the most important sections of our betting guide for Indians.
Desktop users can check out our list of online betting information from the left side menu and top navigation. Likewise, mobile users will find the navigation at the top of the screen and extra links at the end of the page.
Top Sports Betting Sites Accepting Indian Customers
Restrictions for all offers may apply, see terms and conditions for details. Must be 18 years or older. Gamble responsibly.
Bet365 is a good choice for sports, casino and poker. Their cricket betting options are also first class with match odds available from around the world, including the Indian Premier League, international T20’s, and more.
Betway is a TRUSTED betting site that accept Indian Rupees! They have a great choice of cricket and horse betting options, as well as poker, and casino! Sign up and deposit for a 100% Bonus up to Rs. 2500.
Online Cricket Betting from India
Cricket is very popular around the world. And as it grows in stature, so does interest on betting on the sport. Currently, the total betting market in India is thought to be worth Rs 3-4 lakh crore (Rs 3-4 Billion) . While some bet with illegal street bookies, many are finding licensed international sites a safer path.
These licensed cricket betting sites have earned a trusted name for fund security, fast payouts, and fair betting rates. These days, it is much simpler to place a bet online in India. Betway, for instance, lets customers deposit and withdraw using Indian Rupees via e-wallets such as Neteller. They also offers live betting and bets using mobile devices.
Be sure to see our weekly cricket update that covers news from India and around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Makes a Good Online Sportsbook?
We follow some very strict rules when suggesting online bookies to Indian bettors. We add and remove sites based on this criteria.
- Accepts Indian Players: They must not have India as a “restricted country”. Thus letting us open accounts without trouble and in safety, knowing they will pay us quickly when we win.
- Easy Depositing: If they do not accept credit cards we make sure they accept the e-wallets Neteller or Skrill. Our deposit comparison chart shows the methods used by each site.
- Trust and Security: We vet sites based on our industry knowledge, info from credible advisory sites, as well as visitor feedback. We also try to find trusted sites also serving other betting markets. All of this is done to find sites that offer the highest degree of safety and trust. Protecting personal data and having a solid payment reputation is crucial.
- Betting Selection: We look for sites that offer the best sport choices, including IPL, horse racing, football (soccer) and other sports for Indian bettors. Also, we look for a site that has varied betting options, such as live betting.
- Accepts INR: We try to find bookies that allow deposits and withdrawals in Indian Rupees. Only a few sites do this, though. You may thus find that some of the sites we show require deposits in other currencies. Such as Euro, USD, or GBP.
Where can I bet using Indian rupees (INR)?
The #1 site for sports betting that allows Rupee deposits is www.betway.com. This site lets Indians sign up with a home address, and then deposit, bet and withdraw in Indian Rupee (INR). They are one of only a few betting sites to do this for India. Founded in 2006, Betway has its HQ in Malta. They offer sports, casino and poker betting. You can also bet online on the Indian Premier League.
Betway is our most TRUSTED betting site that accepts Indian Rupees. There are other betting options for Indian players. But it is either very hard to deposit/withdraw with them, or they have trust issues. We are always looking for top sites. Check back with us for updates.
Be sure to check out our Betway review.
What are the best ways to deposit and withdraw?
This site has content about gambling deposits and cashouts from India which is very helpful to knowing how Indians can bet sports online for real money. Here is a quick recap of the three common methods.
- Neteller: [Recommended] This is an e-wallet that allows for transactions with online betting sites in Indian rupees. They are highly respected and regulated by the UK’s Financial Service Authority (FSA).
- Skrill: This is an e-wallet which can also be set up in rupees. You can link your home bank account as well as your credit card and debit card to it. This is one of the cheapest way to deposit and withdraw money from online bookies.
- EntroPay: This is like an e-wallet but the funds in your account are connected with a virtual debit card number. This means you can shop online using Visa, something not easy to do under RBI policies. You can also use EntroPay to deposit and withdraw at online sports books.
The above methods offer an extra layer of privacy. This is because the name of the gambling site is never shown. All of your bank account deposits and withdrawals will read Neteller, Skrill, or Entropay, making them much more private.
Also, e-wallets are used for more common transactions. In India, for instance, Neteller is used by many site programmers, consultants, and freelance writers to take payment from their clients. Indian banks deal with them on a regular basis for transactions that have nothing to do with gambling.
How do I know what betting sites to trust?
Quite simple, do your research. We are one of many site’s that give a view of where it is safe to bet. But, we take this very seriously. We only suggest sites that we would trust with our own money. To be safe, it is best to play games at sites that have a long, trusted history. See our list of trusted betting sites.
Do I have to pay taxes on winnings?
We are not accountants or attorneys. So for an official answer, we suggest you seek advice from professionals. You may want to check out our favourite legal blog for further reading on gambling winnings and taxes.
Do I have to download software to place bets online?
For poker and casino (YES) for placing a sports bet (No). For poker and casino, you need to download software or a “client”. To bet on sports like cricket there is no need to download. You simply visit the betting site of your choice. The exception for sports is if you want to use a mobile app to bet from a smartphone or tablet. Even when using a mobile device, you can play games on their site via your web browser without the need to download an app.
Do betting sites have age restrictions?
All best sites place age restrictions. The minimum age is either 18 or 21.
Is sports betting legal?
In general, India views betting on sports as illegal. Several street bookies have been arrested as a result. Yet, we have not found a single case against an Indian betting online from their home. As far as we know, the only federal gambling law in the country is the The Public Gambling Act of 1867. This law is concerned with brick and mortar casinos and betting parlors. In the meantime, statistics show that 40% of Indians with computers that visit online betting sites do so for lotto, cricket, and horse betting. It is also worth noting that states like Sikkim have entered fully licensed gambling from Indian territory.
The Public Gambling Act, which makes casino gambling illegal, states that the law does not apply to skill betting. As the Supreme Court has ruled horse race betting a skill  and sports betting uses similar skills, this leaves sports betting in a gray area. Even if betting on sports was illegal under Central government rules, though, the Constitution of India gives states the right to make their own laws about gambling. One state (Sikkim) has now legalized real money sport betting on certain sports and is also granting gambling licenses. For details, see our page on Sikkim Gambling Licenses. Or refer to our page on India Gambling Laws.
You should always check with your own attorney and do research yourself. We do not know of anyone ever being arrested or fined for betting online from their own home in India. The UK or Gibraltar mostly license Indian friendly gambling sites. They are also fully legal under European and International law.
Other Betting Content
Indian bettors are the main target for our site’s strategy content and betting data. We have pages on many sports, such as football betting, Formula-1, and cricket betting, including Indian Premier League cricket matches. You will find more on these topics on the main menu bar and side menu. This is just a small sample of the content you’ll find on SportsBetting.net.in. I encourage you to spend some time searching our site. Meanwhile, I wish you the best of luck when betting online.
- timesofindia.com Can Sports Betting Be Legalized?, 2017
- nishithdesai.com, The Curious Case of the Indian Gambling Laws, 2016
Sister Site: Casinoonline.net.in