IPL Online Cricket Betting 2020
Come April–May, in a distinct reminder that the Indian Premier League ‘has come to town’, the familiar bugle sounds fill television advertisements and stadiums alike. Ever since the inaugural edition in 2008, IPL’s stature has grown tremendously: becoming popular not just with players and fans, but with brands, businesses and bookmakers too. While brands use the tournament as a means to maximise eyeballs, bookmakers and IPL betting players thrive in the excitement—and revenue—the action brings.
IPL cricket betting is easily accessible online. With audiences tuning in from within India and from across the seven seas, the Indian Premier League is a global sporting phenomenon with immense international interest. It doesn’t surprise, therefore, that IPL betting rates are available on several popular sports betting sites or platforms.
Indian players normally prefer betting platforms such as Bet365, 10Cric and Betway which are among the few sports betting websites that accept Indian Rupee (INR) deposits via a credit card besides other payment methods. They also offer the best selection of IPL betting rates available and are among the MOST TRUSTED websites that accept Indian Premier League betting fans.
Sportsbetting.net.in is proud to present Indian cricket betting fans with timely updates ahead of and during the 2020 Indian Premier League tournament, including previews, betting rate updates, weekly wraps and even free cricket betting tips. Keep visiting and make the most of your cricketing acumen this IPL 13.
BEST IPL BETTING SITES 2020
Man of the Match and Man of the Series markets are popular with IPL cricket bettors and the betting odds for individual players can be rather long. Other attractive and potentially profitable avenues include predicting and betting on the Orange Cap (top run-scorer in an IPL season) and Purple Cap (top wicket-taker in an IPL season). Bookmakers offer odds on the top players in each category.
Restrictions for all offers may apply, see terms and conditions for details. Must be 18 years or older. Gamble responsibly.
- Betway: A great IPL gambling site that accepts Indian rupees! The sportsbook has a great selection of cricket wagering options, including live betting odds and traditional wagering options. Sign up and deposit for a 100% Bonus up to Rs. 2500.
- Bet365: Offers great deposit and currency options, including your credit card. When it comes to placing a satta on IPL cricket, it is hard to beat the odds selection at Bet365, including live betting rates and player prop gambling. While there is no specific IPL betting app, you can find and bet all the matchups on the Bet365 app.
- Bodog: This brand has been around since 1994 and has a loyal following of satisfied customers. New IPL customers receive a generous no deposit bonus.
- 10Cric: Deposits and withdrawals in rupees for Indian IPL players. Covering over 60,000 sporting events, including the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Spin Sports: Industry-leading mobile site navigation. New players are given a 10,000 rupees welcome bonus.
IPL BETTING OPTIONS
As mentioned above, Betway offers some of the best IPL cricket betting rates among sites that accept Indian bettors. You will find sports betting odds for all IPL matchups, as well as overall statistics for the entire league, including the ultimate winner of the tournament. These are some of the IPL betting odds options you will find to wager on:
Man Of The Match
Winner of Coin Toss
IPL 2019 SUMMARY
Result: Mumbai Indians (149/8; 20 overs) d. Chennai Super Kings (148/7; 20 overs) by 1 run
Player of the IPL 2019 final: Jasprit Bumrah of Mumbai Indians
Player of the tournament (Most Valuable Player): Andre Russell of Kolkata Knight Riders
Orange Cap winner: David Warner of SunRisers Hyderabad (692 runs from 12 innings)
Purple Cap winner: Imran Tahir of Chennai Super Kings (26 wickets from 17 innings)
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2020 TEAM PREVIEWS
Here are the eight teams that will compete in the Indian Premier League in 2020. Click on either the team name or team logo for a complete preview of their IPL betting odds, which will be up following the player auction, which takes place on December 19 in Kolkata.
WHAT IS THE INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE?
Believed to be the brainchild of former Indian cricket administrator Lalit Modi, the Indian Premier League, or IPL as it is popularly known as, was launched amid much fanfare by the Board of Control for Cricket and India (BCCI) in 2008. The idea for a franchise based Twenty20 (T20) cricket tournament stemmed from international sports leagues such as the English Premier League (football) and the NBA. It was an instant success. The competition, which had begun following a disagreement between the BCCI and Zee-backed Indian Cricket League (ICL), would scale many heights, while ICL was done away with.
IPL’s successes inspired similar tournaments in other countries, most notable among them being Big Bash League in Australia (2011), Bangladesh Premier League (2012) and the Caribbean Premier League (2013).
HOW POPULAR IS IPL?
Some of the best cricketers to have played the game—Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, to name but a few—have starred in the Indian Premier League. In a report released after IPL 12, Duff & Phelps announced that the brand value of IPL in 2019 was $6.7 billion, a whopping 92% increase from the valuation in 2015.
Popularity aside, it is after all the most-attended cricket league in the world, IPL is mind-numbingly lucrative and offers some of the highest salaries among sports players. According to the Global Sports Salaries Survey (2018), courtesy Sporting Intelligence, cricketers in IPL—if numbers are extrapolated—stand to make much more money per game when compared to elite NBA and European football stars.
For a competition which only spans seven weeks, now just in its thirteenth year, by estimating player contracts for a whole year as seen in competitions such as NBA, NFL, La Liga and the like, the figures can be staggering. With the average salary per player a little over $5 million, IPL ranks as the No. 2 league in Average Salary Ranking, only behind the NBA, but well ahead of MLB, EPL, NFL, La Liga, NHL and others.
IPL 2019 had a total prize purse of $7.2 million (Rs 50 crore), with the winner pocketing $2.9 million (Rs 20 crore) and the runner-up receiving $1.8 million (Rs 12.5 crore).
It should therefore come as no surprise that sports betting is attracting players who want to wager more and more on cricket and bookmakers are only too glad to oblige.
IPL RULES AND POLICIES
The integrity of the game is highly important to maintain spectator value. BCCI and the Indian Premier League Governing Council have strict policies that address malpractices such as corruption, doping (performance enhancing steroids), racism and the like. Such guidelines offer audiences an assurance that they will be viewing competitive and exciting matches.
While the league acknowledges that online cricket betting has increased because of technology, they do take a strict stance to ensure any breach of ethics is severely punished.
Twenty20, also called T20, is cricket’s shortest official format and traces its origins back to England in 2003. There is a maximum of 20 overs per side in a T20 game. It usually takes about three hours to complete and produce a result: an average duration for most other spectator sports. Traditional cricket matches—such as Test matches (5-day cricket) and One Day Internationals (50-overs a side)—are much longer.
The Twenty20 format has the spectator in mind as it helps to ensure a conclusion and definitive result, win or loss. Consequently, this also helps sports betting gamblers to ensure that there is a result for their bet. Place a bet today with Bet365.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is IPL betting online popular in India?
Yes, IPL online cricket betting is one of the most popular activities for Indian cricket betting fans. Indians are passionate about the sport and given its global popularity, IPL is the main cricket betting focus during the domestic season. A number of websites offer safe, reliable and secure wagering on IPL cricket. Indian Rupee (INR) is an accepted currency and some online betting shops also allow credit card payments. Millions of cricket fans in India safely partake in betting during each IPL season.
What are the safest sportsbooks to bet IPL cricket online?
- Bodog India – The Bodog brand was established in 1994 and the sportsbook has been offering cricket odds for almost as long. Bodog welcomes Indian gamblers and it includes a large choice of markets for IPL bettors. The book has earned a positive reputation with its customers in its 25 years of operation. Bodog is a safe option for IPL betting online and it offers a good mix of choice, odds, bonuses and value for bettors. Credit card payments are also accepted.
- Betway – For more than 10 years, Betway has been among the best options for those betting on IPL on the internet. Betway is one of the few betting destinations that accepts Indian Rupee (INR) from its customers, which is a big positive for cricket bettors in India. When the tournament comes along, there is a wide choice on Betway, and one can place an IPL online satta on many individual markets and odds, including match result, top batsman and many more.
- 10Cric – Reviews have been positive for 10Cric. For starters, Indian customers can deposit and withdraw in Indian Rupees. And as with all of our preferred bookmakers, there is a good choice of cricket markets and high odds, so this is a great betting website for IPL gambling and a safe place to play for real money, Credit card payments are accepted, too.
- Bet365 – One of the best websites for live betting IPL, pre-match markets and prop bets, Bet365 declares its betting odds earlier than most bookmakers. The odds offered are some of the best. The shop has been around since 2000 and is considered a safe and trusted destination for IPL bettors.
Who was the best team in the IPL to bet on in IPL 2019?
Mumbai Indians, who won a record fourth Indian Premier League title by beating defending champions Chennai Super Kings, would have been the most profitable team for those betting. Arguably the most intriguing rivalry in IPL history, Mumbai continued to be Chennai’s bogey team, beating them in all four face-offs (two league fixtures, one qualifier, and the final) that season. Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi Capitals finished the league stage with nine wins apiece, but Mumbai finished first owing to a far superior net run rate. Overall, Mumbai finished the tournament with 11 wins to Chennai’s 10.
Which is the best IPL team to bet on in IPL 2020?
Mumbai Indians, four-time winners and defending champions, seem to be the bookmakers’ favourites in the outright Indian Premier League tournament betting for 2020, while three-time titlists Chennai Super Kings and 2016 winners SunRisers Hyderabad are joint-second. It is, however, interesting to note that Mumbai have never successfully defending an IPL title.
Is the IPL always organised between April and May?
Late 2017, it was revealed that the Indian Premier League would become the only domestic Twenty20 league to feature in the ICC’s Future Tours Programme (FTP cycle commencing 2019 through 2023); the April-May window meant all international cricket would come to a halt for those two months.
When does IPL 2020 start?
Indian Premier League 2020 (or IPL 13) is scheduled between April and May. (dates to be confirmed). It will take place across India, as has been the case on all occasions except 2009 (South Africa) and 2014 (co-hosted in UAE).
Is there live IPL betting?
The fast nature of Twenty20 cricket makes live or in-match cricket betting a popular choice for players once the first ball has been bowled. Most sportsbooks, including the shops recommended above, offer customers live betting options on IPL cricket.
Who will be the top batsman and top bowler in IPL 2020?
In order to correctly predict the leading run-scorer and wicket-taker in an IPL season, cricket bettors must pick which four teams are most likely to make the playoffs. In the past, most Orange Cap and Purple Cap winners have been from teams that have finished in the top four. The only exceptions are Chris Gayle (2012), David Warner (2015) and Andrew Tye (2018).
Given the form they have displayed across formats in the preceding year, Virat Kohli among batsmen and Jasprit Bumrah among bowlers will be heavily favoured.
 Indian Premier League Value, economictimes.indiatimes.com (2016)
 IPL Player salaries, timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2010)